The GoGuardian Parent was created to help provide additional educational support to administrators and teachers by allowing parents to see what sites and documents their children are browsing and providing parents with additional internet controls at home.
The app gives parents a bird's eye view of the apps and websites that their kids are on most often and control over school-issued devices during out-of-school hours. With this information, parents can be made aware of what types of browsing behavior Washingtonville is seeing from students so everyone can better work together to encourage more effective internet browsing habits at home and at school.
By providing insight and controls over student browsing activity, the goal is to empower parents to take a more active role in their children's online learning. As part of this, we want to offer a greater sense of transparency with student browsing. We believe this will help bring a greater sense of accountability on both the parent's and the student's part. Additionally, we are hopeful that transparency and insight will increase the likelihood of productive student browsing habits on a more consistent basis.
- Top 5 summary of student browsing (apps, extensions, documents, and websites visited)
- Teacher interventions
- 30-day view of websites, videos, documents, apps, and extensions
- Ability to block websites on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours
- Ability to pause internet access on school-issued devices during out-of-school hours, either on-demand or at a scheduled time
Download the App
- iPhone: Visit App Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
- Android: Visit Google Play Store, search for GoGuardian Parent, and tap the download button.
After the app is successfully downloaded and installed, open the app, and enter your email address registered with SchoolTool. Only parents/guardians with current SchoolTool parent portal access are able to use this app. If you need this level of access please contact the main office if your child is in elementary school or the guidance office if your child is in middle or high school.
Login/Check Email: Check your email on your phone for a link to log in to the app. Tap the "Verify your email", and it will take you straight to the app. Note: If you don't have access to your email through the device you used to log in, tap on "Login with verification code", and copy and paste the verification code from the email into the app.