This page is the central location for COVID 19 information as it pertains to Washingtonville Central School District. With the assistance of utilizing protocols issued by the New York State Department of Health and the Orange County Health Department, the district has been able to successfully provide in-person instruction during the COVID-19 pandemic while keeping students and staff safe. Increased access to COVID-19 information, vaccinations, testing and treatment have also helped reduce cases and improve the ability to provide in-person instruction.
The state has updated its guidance in regards to mitigation strategies, testing and reporting, giving the school district more flexibility heading into the 2023-24 school year.
There will no longer be any contact tracing. There will no longer be any virtual instruction for students who are not in the classroom.
There will no longer be weekly updates reporting the number of COVID cases in the schools and it is no longer necessary to report these numbers to the state.
If a positive case is identified, either from a home test or laboratory test, please follow these directions:
- The DOH recommends that the positive individual remain in isolation for a minimum of 5 days. (Day zero is the first day of symptoms, or, if symptom free, the date of the test).
- Alert the health office/attendance office. You may request that work be sent home.
- The individual may return to school on Day 6 if they have been fever free for at least 24 hours without any medication and other symptoms are improved.
- The CDC recommends the individual wear a well-fitting mask through Day 10.
- Athletes must give a doctor’s clearance for return to play.
- Staff must submit absence in AESOP. If they have not already used 3 instances of COVID days, they must submit a lab confirmed test and affirmation of isolation to Personnel Department.
Questions related to COVID 19 should be directed to the building nurse or the COVID 19 Coordinators Lynn R. Imperato, Director of Personnel & Staff Development email@example.com or Maryke Troast, Nurse Practitioner firstname.lastname@example.org.