How to Complete Fillable Forms
Please Note: Washingtonville Fillable PDF Forms have been designed to be completed and saved using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.
You can download Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for free from the Adobe Reader download page (external link, opens in new window).
Below, you will find a browser-based guide on how to access and complete Washingtonville's fillable forms using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. Older versions of Adobe Reader (X and below) will not save completed forms. Completing forms with any other software (such as Preview for MacOS) may cause unexpected errors.
STEP 1: Download the fillable form PDF
- Click on the form you would like to complete.
- Your web browser will then open the form.
- Do not complete the form while it is open in your web browser. Instead, save the form as a PDF. The method to save a PDF varies by web browser, please refer to the web browser specific instructions below.
Please Note: It is best to save the PDF file into a folder you can locate easily, such as your Desktop or Downloads folder.
Step 2: Open the fillable form PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC
- Navigate to the folder where the PDF was saved.
- Once you have located the downloaded file, right click on the file and click the "Open With" button in order to open the PDF file with Adobe Acrobat.
step 3: Complete the fillable form in Adobe Acrobat DC
- When Adobe Acrobat DC opens the PDF, it will highlight all of the fillable fields with red boxes. Items that are optional are typically highlighted with black boxes.
- You will now be able to fill out the form fields to completion.
- When you have completed the form, click the "Save" button on the top left-hand side of Adobe Acrobat DC to save your changes.
- You’re done! Now simply submit the form(s) as instructed on the document.