Policies and Policy Board Meetings
COURSE ATTENDANCE POLICY:
In order for the Teacher Center to be able to certify that you have completed a class, you must attend the entire number of stated hours. This includes arriving on time and staying for the entire class.
In the case of a class with an online component, it is expected that you will participate according to the instructor’s directions and/or complete any projects that are assigned.
- Please do not ask our instructors to make up class time you might need to miss. They are only being paid for a set number of hours.
- Neither the Teacher Center nor the course instructor has the authority to make exceptions to the attendance policy. That would have to be done through Central Administration.
- Please do not bring children of any age to Teacher Center classes. The instructor does not have the authority to waive this policy.
- Please silence your cell phone and do not use it for talking or texting during class, unless such use is a part of the class as per the instructor. If there is an emergency, please step out of the room to take the call.
- Please leave the room in the condition you found it and shut down all computers.
- (In-Service Courses and Non-Credit Bearing Courses)A 100% refund will be given to those who drop the course prior to the start of instruction with written/email notification to the Director. A 50% refund will be given to those who drop the class with written/email notification to the Director, up until 20% of the total class time has elapsed.The participant must drop the class on My Learning Plan.No refund will be given after more than 20% of instructional time has elapsed.
- (Graduate Courses) Tuition refund is dependent on the institution involved. The Teacher Center administration fee is non-refundable, unless the course is cancelled.
2019-20 Washingtonville Teacher Center Policy Board Meetings
Washingtonville Teacher Center Policy Board Meetings are open to the public. All meetings begin at 3:45 PM and take place at the Washingtonville Teacher Center located at Round Hill School.
2019-20 Tentative Meeting Dates
- Wednesday, September 18, 2019
- Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Wednesday, January 22, 2020
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020
- Wednesday, March 18, 2020
- Wednesday, April 22, 2020
- Wednesday, May 20, 2020